Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Is There Enough Depth?

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/agger-and-co-injury-news

Johnson has played left back a few times already this season. He has not done badly, but he is more of a threat on the right, in my most humble opinion. We`ve also had to use Daniel Agger and dear old Jamie Carragher as left backs. So for me there is definitely a need to get another left back. It is all rather frustrating when you think that Arne Riise is still playing top class football and Insua was let go by that very experienced manager who almost got us relegated!

King Kenny has given Spearing and Jonjo good exposure in the midfield. I would like to see more of Suso and we have the exciting Ecclestone on loan(or did Hedgehog sell him?).Millies has proven to be an excellent foil for Stevie G, meaning that we have not seen as many of those life changing performances as we normally have the honour of watching from our skipper. We do seem to have a lot of midfielders in the squad, maybe it`s just a matter of the likes of Maxi and Joe Cole stepping it up a bit. Joe Cole is actually reminding of that man Keane. I would not be surprised if we sold him again at the end of this season. In fact I would not be disappointed. The problem, for me anyway, is on the right side of midfield Dirk gets through a lot of work there but is not your usual speedy winger. I think the Dutchman is more dangerous playing as a striker, especially when played together with that very dangerous man from Uruguay. I have seen a young man from the youth team, I think his name is Sterling, who looks very good on the ball and can be used on the right.

Let us not discuss the strikeforce.

No comments:

Post a Comment